SQL Server Integration Services is one of the most popular extract-transform-load (ETL) tools on the market. Learning how to use SSIS to move and transform data is an essential skill for every data professional, whether you’re a DBA, SQL Server developer, data analyst, or architect.
Classroom Training: Introduction to SSIS
This 3-day hands-on course will teach you what you need to get started using SSIS to create reliable and reusable SSIS packages.
Among the topics covered in this course:
- Overview of SSIS
- Exploring the tools used for package building and management
- Control flow
- Data flow
- Using sources and destinations to move data
- Using transformation components to cleanse and reshape data
- Dynamic behaviors using parameters, variables, and expressions
- Using scripts in SSIS
- Working with the SSIS catalog
- Deploying and executing SSIS packages
- Logging basics
This class is highly interactive and includes numerous classroom exercises to help build hands-on skills in addition to learning theory.
This Introduction to SSIS course is designed for the data professional with some experience with SQL Server (including T-SQL). No prior knowledge of SSIS is required.